COUNTING OUR BLESSINGS
On behalf of the many lives you have touched, we thank you for your generosity. Here’s what we did with your tax deductible donations
Earthquake Response Report
- 8 reputable, local Haitian women-led organizations impacted by, responding to the earthquake each received $1,000 of cash assistance
- With the understanding that the needs of women are often overlooked during a crisis, we partnered with local organizations to provide a free sexual and reproductive health clinic and educational workshops to women in the earthquake impacted areas of Torbeck, Chantal, Maniche and Aquin. We served more than 340 women with direct services:
- family planning methods
- cervical cancer screenings
- prenatal consultations
- general gynecological care
While not easy with the challenging security issues, we also integrated educational workshops for women and men on sexual and reproductive health and gender based violence. A great success!
We thank our partners Profamil and Fondation Toya for their partnership in completing amazing work to serve women in a most difficult time.
- Our New York friends, especially the team at Caribbean Women’s Health Association donated some key items including baby diapers, baby clothing, hygiene products.
- Donations from our fiscal sponsor Diaspora Community Services covered the shipping of food and all other supplies.