Our Collective .
Created in 2017, the Haitian Women’s Collective brings together Haitian women led organizations based in Haiti. Our collaboration consists of direct service providing organizations who are accountable to specific constituents based in various departments throughout the country.
As a collective, we seek to write our own narrative and build on our expertise related to women’s empowerment, health, education, leadership and community development, economic development, business development, and civic engagement.
The Collective Work
- Held virtual conversations for World Health Day and to address Policy needs
- Joined the Haiti Response Coalition
- Implemented girls youth project at 2 member sites
- Received continued funding from MADRE foundation
- Launched Vitamin Angel project in Port au Prince, CapHaitien, DonDon and TiGoave
- Responded to August earthquake by providing cash assistance to women-led organizations and provided a Women’s sexual reproductive health clinic for over 300 women
- Launched fundraiser and provided EARTHQUAKE FUNDS/SUPPORT to the following organizations: RADIKAL, Profamil, Fondation Toya, HAGN, Fondation Julia et Jade, Femme et Democratie, SOFA, Lambi Fund, Fleur de Vie, and Community2Community
- Build the knowledge, capacity of members with virtual “Lunch and Learn” sessions; developed new partnerships with Haiti based organizations primarily led by Haitian women
- Joined the Haiti Advocacy Workgroup – HAWG 2020
- Launched a coordinated, strategic COVID response across Haiti, led by members
- Focused on girls empowerment information, leadership
- Jointly sponsored the C2C-FAHM midwifery conference in Petit Goave
- Participated in meetings with various Haitian government officials
- Shared in-kind and financial resources
- Formed an advocacy committee- first meetings held with Congresswoman Clarke and Senator Gillibrand, continued outreach to Congressman Jeffries (2020)
- Hosted the new Executive Director of Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti (IJDH)
- Developing our mission and visions statement and principles of collaboration, values